John Timpson is the Chairman of Timpson Ltd, his family business. With 850 stores across the UK, Timpson is one of the best-established names on the British High Street. John has totaly changed Timpson’s management model to one where powwer and respobsibility is vested in the branches with the following basic principle:
- All colleagues have the freedom to do their jobs the way they choose
- Every boss’s job is to help his or her team
- No KPIs, no boxes to tick
- Bosses don’t issue orders
- Head office is a helpline – it does not run the day-to-day business
In this book John Timpson shares how he has turned the way the business is run on its head and the lessons he has learned in the process. From being the CEO to dealing with stress and from breaking the rules to follwong your consience, this books tells it like it is. Forget Management models and best practice guidleines; here are genuine pearls of wisdom.
To buy go to Amazon.com