This is our biannual European meeting for BBRT Members. Corporate and Business Members of the BBRT are guaranteed attendance if they sign up latest 1 October. We usually have room for guests, who are encouraged to sign up.
The theme of this BBRT meeting is: Implementation. Accordingly and compared with previous meetings, the focus is more on how to make it happen, and less on what Beyond Budgeting is about. If you are new to Beyond Budgeting, we recommend that you also participate in the Introduction on the previous day.
At the meeting, we will present and discuss the particular difficulties related to implementation of Beyond Budgeting. Through a combination of presentations, lots of group work and a couple of practical cases, you will learn about change management in the context of Beyond Budgeting.
Also at this meeting, we will present the BB Implementation Framework which we have developed to guide and assist organisations as they embark on their Beyond Budgeting journey.
Agenda for the day:
- Making the change (facilitated by the BBRT Core Team)
- Identifying the specific challenges related to implementing Beyond Budgeting (BB)
- Case 1: Vanguard (by Toby Rubbra from Vanguard Consulting)
- Together with one of their clients, Vanguard will demonstrate how to overcome the most critical problems of implementation.
- Case 2: Timpson (by John Timpson)
- With more than 1,300 shops, Timpson is one of the UK’s leading retail service providers.
- John Timpson (Chairman of Timpson and author of “Upside Down Management”) will present his management model and how it was successfully implemented.
- How to make change happen (Dawna Jones)
- Dawna Jones is a global change-agent and the Canadian founder of frominsighttoaction.com. She will present her perspectives on how to make difficult change happen in large organisations.
- Dawna is the author of “Decision Making for Dummies and is a monthly blogger for the Huff Post Great Workplace Cultures.
- The BB Implementation Framework (presented by the BBRT Core Team)
- Presentation and review of our newly developed method
- Compared with traditional change management processes, this vastly increases the success of your Beyond Budgeting journey.
We recommend the following hotel Grange Rochester Hotel