- 9-11 June 2013: BBRT North America 12th Annual Conference, Denver CO, USA
- 25 June 2013: Okonomiforum Performance Management Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 24-25 October 2013, BBRT European Members' Meeting, London, England
BBRT - Beyond Budgeting Roundtable
What is the BBRT?
The BBRT is an international shared learning network of member organizations with a common interest in transforming their performance management models to enable sustained, superior performance. BBRT helps organizations learn from world-wide best practice studies and encourages them to share information, past successes and implementation experiences to move beyond command and control.
The BBRT promotes a set of principles that lead to more dynamic processes and front-line accountability. Organizations that follow this approach transform their management model in line with these principles, which are outlined in "The Leader's Dilemma: How to build an empowered and adaptive organization without losing control", by Jeremy Hope, Peter Bunce and Franz R��sli, published by Jossey-Bass.
The BBRT is at the heart of a movement that is searching for ways to build lean, adaptive and ethical enterprises that can sustain superior competitive performance. Its aim is to spread the idea through a vibrant community.
Beyond Budgeting come out top again - twice!
Beyond Budgeting and the BBRT have featured strongly in the 2012 top ten and top five lists from CFO Magazine and MIX:
1. CFO Magazine
The CFO Magazine article "Freed from the Budget" features at the head of the list of top ten articles to which readers of CFO Magazine referred in 2012. This article features Steve Player, BBRT Director North America, Paul Hensley, HOLT CAT, Bjarte Bogsnes, Statoil, Richard Magnuson, Group Health Cooperative and John Hrudicka, Elkay.
To see the list of the CFO Magazine top ten and link to "Freed from the Budget"click HERE
In the top five Hacks: "The End of performance management (as we know it)", by Bjarte Bogsnes, Statoil and BBRT Chairman
In the top five stories: "Taking reality serioulsy - towards a more self-regulating management model at Statoil" by Bjarte Bogsnes
New Books from the Leaders of Beyond Budgeting
- Published February 2012: Beyond Performance Management: Why, when and how to use 40 tools and best practices for superior business performance - Jeremy Hope and Steve Player
- Published April 2011: The Leader's Dilemma: How to build and empowered and adaptive organization without losing control - Jeremy Hope, Peter Bunce & Franz R��sli
A range of BBRT briefing papers and White Papers are now publicly available at www.beyondbudgeting.org. The White Papers and some of the Briefing Papers are free downloads and the remainder can be downloaded on payment of a small fee.